Direct Credit CardChecks
Chart of Darkness. SIGNED.
by Kevin Quigley
Charting Stephen King's Career, One Bestseller at a Time!
Stephen King's unprecedented career has yielded him more than thirty #1 New York Times bestselling books. He is the only writer to have ever reached the top slot of that list in five different decades. And in 1996, the Times changed their policies regarding bestsellers because King had too many at the same time. But how did it all happen? And why?
From Stephen King expert Kevin Quigley comes a fascinating journey through King's unprecedented career by way of the charts that helped define it. Chart of Darkness is the first book that navigates King's popular success through the odd and tempestuous world of The New York Times Bestsellers List.
What was King's first novel to hit #1? (Hint: It wasn't Carrie.) What happened when King went up against Harry Potter, and how did the showdown end? How did Joyland break King's decade-long streak of no #1 paperbacks?
It's all charted here in a fun, narrative look at the sweep of Stephen King's amazing body of work!
Published as a Signed Hardcover Limited Edition:
• Personally signed by the author on a unique signature page, unnumbered.
• Printed on 60# acid-free paper
• Bound in full-cloth with colored head and tail bands
• Featuring hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
• Printed and bound with fine endpapers
• Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
• Wrapped in a different full-color dust jacket
• Limited ONE TIME printing of this special Limited Edition.
This copy is unnumbered as issued by the publisher. Just a couple overruns we were able to purchase as this wasn't available to the general public but a private sale with the publisher.
2021 CD Publications. New / New.