(please note, no discounts are available for this item)
The Stephen King Doubleday Years!
A Six Volume Collection!
The Third in the Series With
THE SHINING: The Deluxe Special Edition
First Limited Gift Slipcased Printing!
ARCHIVED and SEALED in an acid-free protective book cover upon receipt here and then sealed in plastic for complete archival protection.
The Shining Is a Collectible Limited ONE TIME PRINTING!
Includes the rare prologue not published in the original release!
Featuring an Introduction by Stephen King
Afterword by Mick Garris.
Color Paintings by Don Maitz.
Special Bonus Features Exclusive to This Edition!
Sold out before publication.
Note for Collectors:
This is the very first edition of The Shining published anywhere in the world to include Stephen King's original, uncut 40 page prologue entitled BEFORE THE PLAY restored at its proper place at the beginning of the story. This may end up being the only edition to ever present the complete story of the Overlook Hotel as King originally wrote it. In addition, there will be a Deleted Material section, which contains HUNDREDS of sentences, paragraphs, and even scenes not included in the final book we all know and love. Of particular interest is a four page section toward the end known as AFTER THE PLAY which even Stephen King believed had been lost forever because he didn't have a copy in his archives!
Special Features For This Deluxe Special Edition:
• an introduction by Stephen King
• an afterword by Mick Garris
• the complete text of "Before the Play," Stephen King's 40 page prologue that has never appeared in any edition of The Shining, restored at the beginning of the book where King originally intended it to be published
• a Deleted Material section, which contains HUNDREDS of sentences, paragraphs, and even scenes not included in the final book we all know and love. Of particular interest is a four page section toward the end known as "After the Play," which even Stephen King believed had been lost forever because he didn't have a copy in his archives!
• an essay entitled, "The Shine Manuscript: An Early Draft of The Shining" by Jon Page, the collector who discovered all of the text we're including in the Deleted Material section
• deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing as part of the page design
• printed on a heavy interior specialty paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
• custom-made slipcase for the Gift Edition, custom-made traycase for the Numbered Artist Edition, and custom-made three piece traycase for the Deluxe Lettered Artist Edition
• epic wrap-around full color dust jacket artwork by Don Maitz
• a different full color dust jacket for the Numbered Artist Edition painted by Don Maitz
• full color interior paintings by Don Maitz
• interior artwork will be printed on a heavy glossy stock and tipped into the book
• special limitation page artwork for all three editions by Glenn Chadbourne
• high-quality endpapers and fine bindings
• extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the TENS OF MILLIONS of copies of this novel you've seen in bookstores over the years!
Cemetery Dance has an exclusive deal to produce a six volume set of special collectible editions of Stephen King's early books that were originally published by Doubleday back in the 1970s and early 1980s! These books are Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining, Night Shift, The Stand, and Pet Sematary, six classics of the horror genre and all-time Stephen King fan favorites!
These are the books that launched King's career and made him a household name, and these special editions will be beautiful and oversized volumes like they've published for From a Buick 8, It, Doctor Sleep, and many other King books over the years.
2017 CD Publications. New / New and shrink wrapped from the publisher.