JOYLAND: Library-Bound Special Order
by Stephen King.
These copies were produced for advance special orders and only for our customers. We have a handful of copies left and have made them available until they are gone.
· First Printing of the Hard Case Crime trade paperback edition.
( "New York Times Bestseller” in red band line is not at top, which is an indicator of later printings. This is a first printing).
· This binding features original artwork by Glenn Chadbourne that is foil stamped on the front, back, and spine of the cloth binding
· Signed on the end-paper by the artist Glenn Chadbourne.
· A White Silk book mark is bound in.
· Hard cover binding is a dark red cloth.
· Gold foil stamping.
· Artist signature stamped on each copy
· All foil stamping images copyright 2013, Glenn Chadbourne.
· A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this special King project is donated to Stephen Kings HAVEN FOUNDATION.
THE STORY: Set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973, Joyland tells the story of the summer in which college student Devin Jones comes to work as a carny and confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child, and the ways both will change his life forever.
"I love crime, I love mysteries, and I love ghosts. That combo made Hard Case Crime the perfect venue for this book, which is one of my favorites. I also loved the paperbacks I grew up with as a kid, and for that reason, we’re going to hold off on e-publishing this one for the time being. Joyland will be coming out in paperback, and folks who want to read it will have to buy the actual book." – Stephen King
This purchase includes:
First Printing, library bound copy. Featuring foil embossed art by Glenn Chadbourne on both outside panels and spine. Sealed upon completion for complete archival protection.
All images are copyright 2013 Glenn Chadbourne.
No discounts are available for this item. HvnFd